The Kalliope Reed Quintet’s concert Reed Quintets All Across the Americas is an in-person performance on Friday, August 6, 2021, at 7:00 PM EDT. The concert is at the Follen Community Church, 755 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-3805.. Our performance Sunday, August 8, 2021, will be streamed LIVE online. More details coming soon!
Join Kalliope for their final concerts featuring a journey across the Americas!
- Beginning in Canada with Mathieu Lussier’s recently premiered Laurentian Bolero.
- Then moving across the border into Maine with Becky Turro’s Thaw – musically depicting the thawing of Acadia National Park.
- Next to the southern border with Jenni Brandon’s Wildflower Quintet.
- Now into Mexico with Arturo Marquez’s — Danzon no. 6, featuring our own Bennett Parsons as a soloist!
- Following is the first 2021 performance of Miguel del Aguila’s — Transoceanica, commissioned by Kalliope in 2020 and musically depicting an adventurous bus ride from Rio to Lima, Peru.
- And finally ending with the world premiere of Peruvian/American composer Daniel Cueto’s — Cinco Momentos Peruanos!
The Wildflower Quintet for Reed Quintet (Oboe/English horn, Clarinet, Soprano/Alto Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon), is a re-imagining of Jenni’s work The Wildflower Trio (oboe, bassoon, piano). The Reed Quintet version was commissioned by Kalliope Reed Quintet. The inspiration for the piece came from a poetry book written by one of Mrs. Johnson’s friends, Bette Woolsey Castro. Her book, The Wildflower, was inspired by the opening of Lady Bird’s Wildflower Research Center in Austin, Texas, and contains a collection of poems about wildflowers and nature.
The Wildflower Quinet will be available for shipment and download by August 1st, 2021 at the following link The Wildflower Quintet for Reed Quintet (jennibrandon.com). If you ordered a PDF copy, you’ll receive your PDF copies by August 1st 2021. If you ordered hard copies of the score – these will be shipped by August 1st, 2021.