The Binghamton Philharmonic presents its Summer Chamber Music program. Jenni Brandon’s Found Objects – On the Beach is performed by Trio Pastorale. Trio Pastorale is a woodwind trio featuring Principal Clarinet Paul Cho, Second Oboe Amelia Merriman, and Second Bassoon Melissa Kritzer. The performances are on:
- Saturday, August 14, 2021, At 5:00pm At The Salvation Temple Church 80 Main St. Binghamton, Ny
- Sunday, August 15, 2021, At 3:00pm At Zion Episcopal Church 10 N Chenango St. Exd Greene, Ny.
The program, that features women composers, follows:
- Decruck: Variations p’tit quinquin
- Zehavi: Eli Eli for solo bassoon
- Jenni Brandon: Found Objects – On the Beach for reed trio
- Morricone: Gabriel’s Oboe
- Gershwin: Opening of Rhapsody in Blue
- Morris: Nik-Nak for reed trio
Found Objects: On the Beach for oboe, clarinet, and bassoon tells of finding objects on the beach – from tumbled stones to sea glass; from driftwood to black feathers on the sand and the seashells that populate the beach as far as the eye can see. A six-movement work of approximately 23 minutes.
Premiered by the PEN Trio (Nora Lewis-oboe, Phillip Paglialonga-clarinet, and the late Eric Van der Veer Varner-bassoon), this work is published by TrevCo Music Publishing on the new PEN Trio Collection Series!
Found Objects: On the Beach is available for purchase on Jenni’s website at: Found Objects: On the Beach – oboe, clarinet, bassoon sheet music (jennibrandon.com)